Car Window Tint
Window Tinted Info & Tips
Malaysia is a country with hot climate throughout the year. Average Malaysian spent 2 hours at leat daily on the road. In order to stay comfortable within the driving journey, window films are usually installed to provide better driving experience.
Here are some tips to look for while picking a suitable window film for your vehicle.
Excessive heat and glare always trigger your enjoyment and comfort in the house or office especially in the hot climate of Malaysia.
Knowing the Specifications
- Infrared Rejection (IR): rejection of Infrared Red within spectrum of light that responsible for heat.
- Ultraviolet Rejection (UV): this indicates on how much UV ray blocked from entering the window film. UV is harmful to human skin and also can damage car’s interior over long exposure.
- Visible Light Transmission (VLT): percentage of how much a light can pass through the window film. This is use to indicate the darkness of a window film. Higher VLT indicate higher transparency of a window film.
- Total Solar Energy Rejection: this deduce the total amount of energy blocked by the window film by including all IR,UV and VLT as factors. The higher the better.
- Safety Films: window films that are built with durability. They act as a layer of support to hold shards of glass when shattering happens. This can save driver from injuries by glass shards and also prevent instant shattering of windows upon impact.
- Reduce Glare: with advanced technology nowadays, it is possible to have glare reduction window film for your car. This is to reduce the obstruction to driver’s vision by blinding light.
Know the LAW
- As window films provide not only heat and UV protection but also privacy. It is important to know the rules stated by JPJ in order to comply with the rules while stay protected from hot sun.
- It is important to note that Visible Light Transmission (70%) for the front screen of your vehicle should be above 70% while VLT for the driver and co-driver side should be above 50%.
- The VLT requirement for the rest of the windows screen are unlimited.
Cost VS Quality
- When it comes down to this dilemma, it is always a better choice to go for quality over cost.
This is due to long run, you get to enjoy better quality tint for your driving experience.
- Quality window film tend to last longer and more durable to fading, dematerialized and bubbling. This can save your from tinting over and over again and also the hassle for visiting tint shops.
- As market contenders are all around the market, the pricing for window films are much more competitive now compared to past few years. For NS Cool, we always strive to provide quality yet affordable window films to customers.
5 Benefits Of Car Tinted
Car Tinted Colour
VLT = Visible Light Transmission